CLICK HERE!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

26/1/2011

Yea, i did say i'm having the very first longest 2 months holiday ever since i came to study in college. YES, the very FIRST longest 2 months! But, worms are making nests on me shortly just after 3 weeks i finished my final in last December. I came back to KL to 'cure' my boredom and so to accompany my girl friend here and so, i decided to search for some part time jobs. It ain't easy to find, searching up and down in the malls and also from the web, finally i'd found one which the pay ain't bad and the working hours are reasonable. Well, the jobs could be found in Asia part time. Since i have never work before, even as a part time or whatever, when i got the call from the agent, i was truly on cloud nine. Though it was just a 'part time job', the feeling was like the time when i got the call from Ernst & Young!

Okay, let me share some of my very first experience here. Well, initially i had no idea of what was i going to promote for the company, I got the call and i was asked, 'Do you know what're you going to promote?'. I stunned of course, when i was told to promote some cleaning equipment. =.= At that very first moment i knew i would be the ONLY male to be employed after i was told about that. However, without second thought, i accepted it. Just to gain some experience of being a promoter and to fill my free time only mahhh, beside i could earn some side income too! =)

First week started on last weekend, carrying about 25kg of booth to Carrefour Subang, and that was again my first time to know that i have to check in whatever stuffs/sample/booth from the delivery yard of the stores before i could get in from the staff entrance, which was different entrance again.  So imagine, on the first day, i carried the heavy booth into the Carrefour, then i was asked to go to the delivery yard which was outside and behind the stores, and after i'd checked in my stuffs, i could only enter from the staff entrance which was at the other side of Carrefour. With the heavy load, i injured my arm accidentally, and some bruises on my shoulder. =( That was the first day, luckily the second and third i did not repeat the same thing anymore because the booth was placed in the store room which lessen half on my energy. =)
Most of the promoters are required to wear black pants and also black shoes, but damn! I don't have black sport shoes and thus i could only wear my black leather shoes. Guys, do realise that if you stand on your leather shoes for 9 hours, you could break your leg! That's what i'd gone through in these 3 days, not to mention another 3 days in this coming weekend. =(

Be a promoter ain't easy. Though i have no commission of the products i could sell, i had to promote the new products from the company, - Magiclean. Speaking to the aunty, uncle Old Lady or the youngsters, finally i could understand how the feeling was like when the promoters were being ignored by customers.

They're really like this - Tak Nak! Don't Want, thank you! or just shake their heads. =.=

Some O.L would some more give me this shocking expression when i told them the price. I know it's expensive, but try the quality first before you give the promoter your 'see-ghost-shocking' expression. @,@

Really did learn and see a lot of things there. One thing, Customers would be very happy if promoters smile to them always, even when they give you all sorts of expression, just SMILE and say thank you. And that's how i got positive feedback from them. :p Hmmm.. not to mention the 9 working hours (stood on leather shoes for more than 7 hours without sitting) was like hell for me. =( Mom had been asking me to stop, but since i'd started it, i have to end it as well right? And so, after the 3 coming days, i would say HELLO to CNY and will have a prosper new rabbit year ahead.
Cheers!

JUN.
khoryeejun.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment